Objectives and activities of the Mandir
OM Vishwa Guru Deep Hindu Mandir is a Hindu temple and religious community operating in Hungary to practice and represent the teachings of Sanatana Dharma within the System Yoga In Daily Life of Vishwaguru Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans Swami Maheshwarannand Ji.
The principles and objectives of the Hindu Mandir are:
- to provide opportunity for worship for any followers of the Hindu religion and to all those interested
- to foster spiritual development by means of satsangs, lectures, bhajan singing, meditation and selfless service
- to observe Hindu religious festivities by the Indian calendar
- to contribute to the world peace with our best efforts by teaching and realizing the principles of love, understanding, selflessness and non-violence and by joint prayer and meditation
- to pursue studies in order to acquire an insight into the Vedic culture and ancient traditions
- to organize lectures, lecture series and courses and invite authorities and experts of the field
- to represent and emphasize in all possible ways the importance of a vegetarian way of life
OM Vishwa Guru Deep Hindu Mandir is registered officially as a church organisation in Hungary since 1990. Our organisation is a member of International Sri Deep Madhavananda Ashram Fellowship.
The Hindu Mandir fulfills all the criteria for legal status of churches specified by the new law on churches (Act CCVI of 2011 "On the Right to Freedom of Conscience and Religion and the Legal Status of Churches, Denominations and Religious Communities").
Our application for legal continuity has not been however approved by the parliament. Thus, until redeeming our legal status of church we operate temporarily in the form of an association.